CAPS Student Advisory Board Meeting Minutes
20 April 2016
ATTENDEES: Sherri Bird, Krista Burrows, Kati Costello, Rachel Grisham, Christine Hoang, Ian Kellems, Rae Madison
- SASS on-site interviews are complete.
- Vet Med/CAPS Counselor interviews begin next week.
- MHP Assistant Director interviews are scheduled for first week in May.
- Staff Counselor interviews are scheduled May 10-18.
- SIFC: CAPS Liaison to SIFC should be appointed by June 1 (when new officers are inaugurated). SIFC bylaws are being revised to include the transition to being part of ASOSU.
- Informational Sessions
i. Sign up
- Tuesday, 5/10, noon: MU 207
- Wednesday, 5/11, 11 a.m.: MU 207
- Wednesday, 5/18, noon: Snell 301 (conference room)
- Presentation re: CAPS’ services – Ian
- Distributing applications
iii. Review the application: Some changes were made to the application (see attachment). Sherri will give these changes to Jon for the on-line version.
- Christine will create a Facebook event
- List.serv/email/invitation assignments
- Rae: Active Minds, Student Health, Psychology
- Rachel: Greek Life, ASOSU, CPHHS
- Krista: CAPS student workers, Athletic Training
- Virginia: Business/Accounting
- Slide for MU screen – Krista is coordinating with Gabe to design. When complete, Krista will send to Sherri for Jon to add to CAPS website carousel and waiting room screen
- Krista will facilitate flyers (about 10) to be placed in prominent places around campus.
- Application Preliminary Review Session
i. May 13th at 8:00 am
ii. Open to anyone
iii. More applications may be received on May 18th but this will allow us to process forms from the first two recruitment sessions.
- Spring Term Last Meeting
- May 18th at 4:00 PM, Snell 301
- Elections of chair, vice chair, and SIFC appointee
- Discussion around goals for next term