Click here to leave website now

If you have experienced interpersonal, sexual, or gender-based violence, there are places you can call or go to for help and support. First, get to a safe place immediately and contact a trusted person, like a friend or family member. Then, we encourage you to use the resources listed below that are best for you. Click on each item for information. If you are being harmed by someone with access to your device(s), please considering using a friend's device or computer at the library. If this is not possible, be sure to clear your browser history.

If you have experienced sexual assault and wish to report it to police or request evidence be collected for potential future reporting, do not bathe, shower, douche, wash your hands, or brush your teeth. While it may feel very uncomfortable not to, doing so will compromise important evidence. If you have already done any of these things, it's okay! An examination is still important and may still produce useful evidence.

Sarah's Place at Samaritan Albany General Hospital provides compassionate care by a sexual assault nurse examiner in a confidential, discreet environment away from the emergency department. They also provide emergency contraception, medications to prevent sexually transmitted infections, and other resources. Click here to learn more about their services. Call 541-812-4420 or go to 1046 Sixth Ave SW in Albany 24/7.

If you are experiencing interpersonal violence and need a safe place to go, contact the Center Against Rape & Domestic Violence (CARDV) at 541-754-0110, use their live chat, available Mon-Fri 10am-4pm, or go to 2208 SW 3rd Street in Corvallis. CARDV provides emergency housing, crisis care, support groups, legal advocacy and more.

If you would like urgent emotional support and/or ongoing counseling, please contact IVS at Counseling and Psychological Services at 541-737-2131. Our office is open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (9am-4pm during breaks and summer). Crisis counselors are available by phone whenever we are closed, or you may leave a voicemail for CAPS and an IVS counselor will contact you during business hours. We are available to provide crisis support, as well as trauma-informed individual and group counseling.

For support, advocacy, and general assistance, contact the Survivor Advocacy & Resource Center (SARC) at 541-737-2030 or SARC can provide crisis support, and assists with safety planning, housing, academic and medical advocacy, reporting options, and more.

Sexual Assault/Harassment Amnesty Clause: The University WILL NOT pursue any conduct violation against a survivor for substance use, including alcohol, at the time of sexual assault/harassment if the sexual assault/harassment is reported to Student Conduct and Community Standards or the Office of Equity and Inclusion.

Reporting Options:

Please note that reports made to these places are not confidential. However, all your contact with IVS/CAPS and SARC are confidential. If you are unsure about whether or how to move forward with reporting, contact SARC at 541-737-2030 or schedule an appointment online.

With the exception of IVS/CAPS, SARC and Student Health Services (SHS), Title IX legislation requires all OSU employees (including professors, RAs, etc.) to report knowledge of sexual misconduct to the University. This does not mean you can’t use them as a resource, but it’s important that you know where and how your information might be shared so you can make an informed decision.

Similarly, reports to the police, Office of Equal Opportunity & Access, and Student Conduct & Community Standards are not confidential.

As the only confidential resources on campus, IVS/CAPS, SARC and SHS will not share anything you disclose without your written permission.