Crisis drop-ins and new client consults accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00am -4:00pm.

Check the schedule for opportunities to join Mindfulness Mediation.

If you have an immediate need outside of normal business hours, a licensed mental health counselor will be available via phone by calling 541-737-2131. If this is an emergency, please call 911 if you are OFF campus or 541-737-7000 if you are ON campus.

If you’d like to change counselors, contact CAPS at 541-737-2131 and let the receptionist know you would like to change counselors. They will assist you in finding someone that is more your style!

If the counselor you saw is no longer working at CAPS, call us at 541-737-2131 and the receptionist will help to set you up with a new counselor.

As the Mind Spa is a quiet sanctuary, only one person is allowed to use the space at a time, so making an appointment is highly recommended.

Schedule an appointment!

More information on about the Mind Spa.

CAPS has a light therapy lamp within the Mind Spa that can be used anytime you book a Mind Spa session.

CAPS also has portable light therapy lamps that are available to borrow for up to two weeks at a time. Come to the 5th floor of Snell Hall and ask the receptionist know that you would like to check one out.

Light therapy lamps are also available to borrow at Student Health Services, located in Plageman Hall.

The Valley Library has light therapy lamps that are available for use while at the library. Ask the front desk and they can assist you.

An emotional support animal is a companion animal that provides therapeutic benefit to an individual with a mental or psychiatric disability. The animal is part of the treatment plan for a person who meets the definition of disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Housing Act, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The animal would address specific functional limitations to allow the person to live independently.


While we understand that an animal can be an important source of support during stressful times for many students, clinicians at CAPS do not provide letters for emotional support animals. We recognize that expertise is needed to assess whether a student meets the definition of a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Housing Act, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Additionally, a mental health professional with expertise in assessing whether companionship of the animal will effectively treat the disability is necessary.