Face masks are still required in health care settings statewide. Please wear a mask when visiting CAPS. Thank you!

CAPS is a short-term counseling center available to students enrolled at the Corvallis campus and Ecampus students who reside in the State of Oregon. We offer a variety of services and referrals to help meet your goals. Below you will find information about how to schedule/access each of our services. 


If you feel like you are in crisis, please click here or call 541-737-2131.

If you are in crisis, help is available 24/7.

Our on-call clinic for urgent needs is open Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm. If you are in crisis, please call us at 541-737-2131 to schedule a visit. You may also come to our office during these hours, but without an appointment, you may need to wait until a counselor is available. Help is available whenever CAPS is closed, by calling 541-737-2131 and selecting option 1 from the after-hours phone menu.

You can also get help any time by:

If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency department. In Corvallis, go to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis (3600 NW Samaritan Dr).

    A phone consultation is the first step to starting counseling at CAPS. Continue reading to find out how to schedule one.

A consultation is appropriate for you if: you are seeking short-term therapy at CAPS for the first time; you were recently a client, but your counselor is no longer at CAPS; you haven't seen your CAPS counselor in over 12 months; you've had a consultation this term, but did not establish care or get placed on our current waitlist; or you are living outside Oregon and need guidance on finding a therapist.

Do NOT schedule a consultation if:

  • You are in crisis or have a concern about another student that requires immediate attention. Instead, please see the "Crisis Care & Emergencies" section above.
  • You already have a CAPS counselor who you've seen in the last 12 months. Please email your counselor directly to schedule an appointment.
  • You are an international student needing assistance with an MRCL. Instead, please call 541-737-2131 during business hours, or email caps@oregonstate.edu to schedule an appointment with a counselor who can assist with MRCLs. Please note that MRCLs take 2-3 business days to complete.

Please note: Because each state has its own licensing boards and teletherapy regulations, we can only provide services to students located in Oregon.


Use the online scheduling form, accessible weekdays between 5:00am-7:00pm.

To schedule a consultation for individual counseling, please click here.

To schedule a consultation for couples/relationship counseling, please click here. Each person must schedule their own individual consultation. Before scheduling your consultation, you and your partner(s) should identify shared available times for appointments this term and determine if you have specific preferences for your counselor's identities (i.e. gender, race, sexual orientation), as these questions will be asked during scheduling. While you will attend your consultations separately, you and your partner(s) will attend counseling sessions together.

If you're struggling, connecting with others who share similar experiences can help. Unlike individual therapy, groups offer exposure to a diverse set of coping strategies, as well as peer connection, helping you feel less alone. Click here to see our current group offerings. Please note that some of our groups meet in person, while others meet via Zoom.

The Single Session Clinic (SSC) is reserved for students enrolled in classes on the Corvallis campus (not Ecampus).

If you need to meet with a counselor for a one-time visit to discuss a current problem or concern, the SSC is for you. SSC counselors can work with you to problem-solve, help you develop skills and/or strategies to address your concern, and will provide a personalized action plan by the end of your visit. The SSC is not appropriate for students who are in crisis, need ongoing counseling, or need assistance with Medical Reduced Course Load (MRCL) forms.

Click here for more details or to schedule your appointment

If you are being harmed by someone who has access to your devices, please be sure to clear your browser history and consider using a public computer, like one at the library, if possible.

Click here to leave site now

If you have experienced unwanted sexual contact, stalking, and/or intimate partner violence and are seeking counseling/urgent support, please contact CAPS at 541-737-2131 or the Survivor Advocacy & Resource Center (SARC) at 541-737-2030 or survivoradvocacy@oregonstate.edu.

Click here for more information about IVS

Click here for more information about SARC

For immediate help after hours, or if you have an urgent safety concern, contact the Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence (CARDV) 24-hour hotline at 541-754-0110. If you are being harmed by someone who has access to your computer, tablet, and/or phone, please consider using a more secure computer such as one at the library. If this is not possible, be sure to clear your browser history.

If you are a student, faculty/staff member, or anyone worried about an OSU student, you can consult with a counselor for guidance. Please call CAPS at 541-737-2131 or request a consultation time online by clicking here. (This webform is only available Monday-Friday 5am-7pm.)

If your concern is urgent, please call instead of using the online consultation request. Assistance is available 24/7. If you believe a student is in imminent danger of harming themselves or others, please call 911.

The Mind Spa at CAPS is a private sanctuary available to everyone in the OSU community at no charge. Book an appointment and relax in the full-body massage chair, use the meditation corner, try our guided relaxation and biofeedback software, or sit by the therapy light on a rainy day. Click here for more details and to schedule an appointment.

We also offer drop-in mindfulness meditation groups, and a digital mindfulness newsletter with a weekly care package of mindfulness tips, resources and events! Click here for more information.

We partner with ThrivingCampus to help make it easier for students needing long-term or weekly care to find off-campus providers. On ThrivingCampus, you may browse therapists in the local area or statewide, filter results based on your needs and preferences, get answers to common questions, and reach out directly to providers.

Students who would like to consult about medication or need prescription refills should contact Student Health Services. You may call SHS at 541-737-9355 to schedule an appointment. CAPS does not provide medication management.

If you are interested in counseling services, please schedule a consultation with us! Your SHS medical provider may recommend counseling in conjunction with medication supported-care.

If you need to interview a CAPS staff member for a class assignment, please fill out this request form. Interviews must be requested at least one week in advance. Because we've experienced an overwhelming demand for services fall term, we may not be able to accommodate all requests.

If you have any non-urgent questions or need to cancel/reschedule an appointment, please call 541-737-2131 between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, or email caps@oregonstate.edu anytime. 


The cost of CAPS services is covered by the OSU health fee. Generally, all degree-seeking students enrolled in classes through the Corvallis campus (not Ecampus) are automatically assessed this fee.  Students enrolled only in Ecampus, as well as DPP students not currently enrolled in on-campus OSU classes, can receive services with payment of the OSU health fee. The fee for the 2021-2022 academic year is $207.40 per term and provides access to CAPS and SHS. 

Payment of the fee is not required for consultations or to use on-call/crisis services. If you have not already been billed the fee, it will not be until your first counseling session, and not without your written consent.


Because each state has its own licensing boards and teletherapy regulations, we are only able to provide services to students who are are located in Oregon. Students outside Oregon can still schedule a consultation to receive guidance on finding a therapist in their area.

Student Status:

If you are a Cascades Campus student, please contact the Cascades Campus Counseling Clinic for services.

If you are a faculty/staff member seeking counseling, please contact the Beyond Benefits Employee Assistance Program.